The pancreas is an organ of the gastrointestinal tract that participates in the secretion of endocrine (insulin) and exocrine (enzymes). Violations of the rules and quality of nutrition cause irreversible danger to the function of the pancreas, which is clearly reflected in the quality of its work. Therefore, you need to know what you should not eat with pancreatitis to prevent organ inflammation.
What is pancreatitis and how dangerous it is
Chronic pancreatitis with impaired enzyme function of the gland is a chronic and progressive slow disease that manifests itself with abdominal pain, digestion and nutrient absorption disorders.
Causes of the disease:
- Eating disorders;
- Eat fatty foods, as well as foods that should not be eaten with pancreatitis;
- Alcohol abuse;
- Eat lots of sugar and flour products.
And also, other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - peptic ulcer, gastritis, gastroduodenitis, cholecystitis, cholelitiasis.
Persistent violations of diet, as well as the consumption of heavy foods for the stomach, lead to violations of enzyme secretion by the pancreas. In glandular tissue, inflammation occurs, followed by hardening of the ducts. Over time, the body is unable to produce enough enzymes to digest food. This all affects the quality of digestion - undigested fiber appears in the stool, bloating develops in the intestine with the process of fermentation, absorption of necessary nutrients and vitamins is disrupted.
Signs of worsening chronic pancreatitis
Symptoms of chronic pancreatitis:
- Shingles in the abdomen;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Weight loss;
- Stool disorders in the form of diarrhea or constipation.
Diet for pancreatic pancreatitis during exacerbation
The main task of a diet for pancreatic pancreatitis is to develop a frugal diet and dietary choices that will reduce the burden on the pancreas. Foods that increase acidity in the stomach and stimulate enzyme secretion by the pancreas are not included in the diet, so every patient should know what to eat with chronic pancreatitis.
During the period of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, complete hunger is prescribed for 2-3 days, until symptoms subside. For this period, you can not eat food, even diet food. Patients are allowed to drink if there are symptoms of thirst. The treatment is complemented by complete rest and rest. Cold in the abdomen.
A few days after the symptoms of chronic pancreatitis have subsided, food is given according to a specially developed diet. In medical practice, this is table number 5.
Food should be slightly warm. Avoid hot and cold food temperatures.
What not to eat in the diet for pancreatic pancreatitis:
- These are categorized as contraindicated for eating fatty meats - pork, chicken skin;
- Strong broth (fish and meat) is not included in the diet, as it has a sokogonny (fermentation) effect and will cause pain in the stomach;
- Beans and cabbage are not allowed - they are not only rich in coarse fiber, but will cause increased gas formation;
- Any carbonated beverage;
- Smoked, fried, or grilled foods;
- Coffee, strong tea, chocolate and cocoa products should be kept to a minimum;
- Turn off any kind of alcohol and fresh bread;
- Ice cream for pancreatitis should be limited;
- Exclude any seasoning - onion, garlic, pepper;
- Boiled eggs;
- Mushrooms in any form;
- Types of fatty fish are not included - saury, mackerel, eel, sabrefish, ivasi, Caspian spast, silver goldfish, notothenia, sturgeon.
What should not be eaten with pancreatitis are sweets, pies and sweet tea, because the high sugar content in the intestines causes fermentation and bloating.
In addition, with increasing pancreatitis, additional drug treatments are prescribed, which may include the following groups of drugs: proton pump inhibitors (reducing gastric secretion), enzymatic drugs, absorbents, antispasmodics, painkillers.
Menu to worsen pancreatic pancreatitis
The menu includes the following foods, the use of which provides nutrients needed by the body, but at the same time does not have an irritating effect on the pancreas. Foods are steamed or boiled and should not contain raw vegetables or fruits.
Soup must be in water or low-fat meat (fish) broth. Best of all mucus or rubbed. There is no need to fry in soup. Porridge must be cooked in water or milk diluted in half with water.
The menu should include meat and fish. But not the fatty type. The most dieted fish is cod, which has 1. 4% fat. Such fish are quickly digested by the digestive tract and are easily digested. It does not greatly stimulate the enzymatic function of the pancreas, therefore it is considered optimal for pancreatitis.
For meat, preference is given to rabbits, turkeys, beef or chicken breast. Steamed meat products, baked with vegetables or boiled. You can cook meatballs or half a piece of meat.
The menu includes the following foods:
- steamed, boiled or stewed vegetables;
- "yesterday" bread;
- fruit (apple);
- low fat lactic acid foods;
- drinks - compote, jelly, weak tea;
- lean meats - chicken breast, turkey, beef and veal, rabbit;
- low-fat sea fish - pollock, blue whiting, hake, flounder, roach, cod;
- Lean river fish - bream, perch, pike, pike perch, crucian carp, tench.
The last meal should be no more than 2-3 hours before bedtime. For bedtime snacks, biscuits and compote or jelly are preferred.
Sample menu for one day with chronic pancreatitis. Inedible products with pancreatic disease are turned off and as soft food as possible for the body is selected.
- Breakfast:steamed omelet, boiled porridge in milk (buckwheat, rice or others), half and half with weak water and tea. Options: oil-free semolina porridge, dried fruit compote with biscuit biscuits;
- Breakfast (lunch):low-fat cottage cheese about 100 gr, jelly or compote. Choice: baked apples or curd casserole;
- Lunch:vegetarian soup, boiled chicken breast and dried fruit compote. Options: soup without frying, steamed meat flour, rosehip broth;
- Snack:roasted apples or crackers with rosehip stew. Optional: a glass of low-fat kefir;
- Dinner:refine vegetables (potatoes, zucchini, carrots), steamed slices, herbal tea. Options: porridge in milk, boiled chicken breast, jelly;
- Snacks:a glass of low-fat kefir or baked milk or fermented fruit jelly. Choice: rosehip stew.
When asked if ice cream can be used for pancreatitis - the answer can be given - they limit the use of fatty and very sweet ice cream. You can include only ice cream in the food, no more than ½ packs and without additives (chocolate, nuts, condensed milk).
Every patient should know the rules of eating, and what not to eat with pancreatitis.
Consider the suggestions:
- Food must be broken down, that is, in small portions up to 5-6 times a day;
- They adhere to a diet for at least half a year, although in the end, the patient must adhere to such a diet for the rest of his life;
- Food should be high in calories, as needed;
- Do not eat foods from the list above that you should not eat in the event of pancreatic disease;
- Overeating is not allowed;
- Is it possible with pancreatitis ice cream - limited use of low-fat ice cream.
In addition, timely treatment for any disease of the gastrointestinal tract is needed to prevent complications and reduce the number of deteriorating diseases.