This article provides detailed information on yoga for weight loss, one of the most effective methods to get rid of fat deposits in various areas of your body. In addition, while learning basic asanas for the back, arms, legs and abdomen, you will learn the basic rules of yoga, learn useful qualities and contraindications, and even receive thoughtful suggestions on the formation of your own set of exercises.
What is the use of yoga
Yoga is India’s oldest tool for achieving inner and outer peace, as well as unity with the world.. . . Thanks to targeted training, anyone can provide the desired well -being. In other words, it is advisable to develop the program properly using freely available training to achieve the set goals.
At the same time, the main advantages of methods for weight loss include:
- Improvement in general conditionorganism, provides normalization of metabolism.
- Flexibility.Weight loss programs can be developed for almost anyone.
- Increase potential. . . Proper program can not only maintain extra weight, but also restore male strength.
- Strengthen women's health. . . Systematic exercise stimulates cells to rejuvenate and increase elasticity. You will start to feel more youthful, and this is guaranteed to be visible in your appearance.
- New perceptions about life. . . Yoga classes motivate and change thinking. You will have new goals and energy to achieve them.
- Peace of mind. . . All the anxiety and resentment will eventually start to leave you, just leaving the experience. You will learn to accept the world around you as it is.
- Stamina increases. . . After just a few sessions, you will feel toned, allowing you to do more daily tasks than you normally do.
- Normalization. . . Weight is not lost just like that. You achieve ideal proportions that will restore normal health and cheerfulness to your image.
The basic rules of yoga
To make yoga for weight loss as effective as the Tabata program, try to consider the basic rules with all your responsibilities. You will quickly feel the results only if you show your discipline.
The basic rules of yoga include:
- Consistency.Keep your classes regular, on specific days and times.
- Experienced teaching staff. . . If you are not experienced in yoga, be sure to find an experienced mentor. Only he will show you the main faults and give instructions on how, for example, to increase flexibility and relax the body through special breathing techniques.
- Choose a clean place.The important thing in yoga is the place where you plan to do the complex. It should be light and calm. It is important to choose the right place, as it will form the overall atmosphere of the complex.
- Move little by little. . . Do not immediately tackle difficult poses. Proceed towards them gradually, without doing too much to your body. Thus, you can work on the technique and eliminate possible problems related to the lack of physical ability to perform this or that action.
- Be careful with every movement. . . Awareness is an important element of yoga. You must clearly understand why you are doing a particular pose.
Basic asanas for weight loss
After learning the basic rules and basics of yoga, you can begin to familiarize yourself directly with the poses that will allow you to lose unwanted weight quickly. And then we suggest that you familiarize yourself with a number of movement options aimed at solving tasks directly in specific problem areas.
Note!Continuous yoga practice not only allows the body to be in the right shape, but can also improve one’s personality, as well as increase the speed of thinking.
For the stomach
Traditionally, you should start with the most problematic areas, and the stomach in this case is more than a reasonable example.
This is the first pose we will see. The point is not only to lose extra weight, but also an in -depth study of the abdominal muscles. The purpose of the exercise is to strengthen the upper torso, giving flexibility and strength to the back.
To do the exercise, lie with your stomach on a mat and place it in the palm of your hand, which should be located just below your shoulder. Your toes and chin should also touch the floor. While inhaling slowly, lift your torso into your hands and bend your back as far as possible.
In this position, you need from 15 to 30 seconds.Then, while exhaling slowly, you should return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise to lose weight, preferably at intervals of 10-15 seconds, at least 5 times.
This pose aims to strengthen the central abdomen, as well as improve digestion and flexibility for the whole body. To do, lie on your stomach, bend your knees, take the ankle from the outside with your hands and lift your dry bones. Then take a deep breath and bend well, tearing the pelvis and chest off the floor.
The head must also be pulled back as far as possible.In this position, you need to stand for about 15-30 seconds., and then return to the starting position at the exit. It must be repeated 5 times with a break of 10-15 seconds.
Note!For best effect, you can swing slightly while lifting.
This pose aims to burn fat in the waist. It also has a positive effect on appetite and leg muscles. First you need to lie on your back, stretch your legs and place your hands along the body, palms up. Inhale slowly and lift your legs. Do not bend them at the knees, try to lift them as high as possible and keep them straight.
Next, try touching the toes with your hands. With all of this, you must keep your body at a 45 degree angle. In this position, you must be at least 15 seconds, then return to the starting position and repeat after 15 seconds.In total, you need to do 5 exercises.
This pose is often referred to as a board. As a result of exercise, you can not only lose weight, but also maintain muscle strength in your arms, legs, back, abdomen and neck. The classic pose requires you to kneel and place your hands in front of you.
Next, you should straighten your legs, stand on tiptoes, and lift your head, looking in front of you. From head to toe, your body should display a single straight line. In this position, you need from 15 to 30 seconds.. . . It must be repeated 5 times at intervals of 15 seconds.
Poses designed to strengthen the abdomen and hips and relieve pain in the lumbar region. In addition, proper performance normalizes intestinal function, reduces acidity and speeds up metabolism. The exercise will force you to lie on your back, stretch your legs and place your arms parallel to them.
Next, while inhaling, stretch your legs, take care of your heels, and as you exhale, bend at the knees and gently bring them to your chest. Wrap your hands around it and correct the position for 60-90 seconds. After exhaling, return to the starting position. This operation must be performed 5 times with a break of 15 seconds.
Note!It is important to breathe deeply throughout the entire procedure.
For the feet
Often, the feet also suffer from a poor diet or lifestyle. That is, you may also need to remove fat from them. To do this, familiarize yourself with the following asanas.
It's pretty easy to do. Stand up straight, press the legs firmly, lift the hands up, palms to each other and sit until the knees form a right angle.Need to stand like this for 2 to 5 minutes.and try to pull the spine hard. Go up slowly, without jerking.
This pose is known as "birch". Lie on the floor, and as you exhale, lift your legs above your head. The legs must be together. At the same time, try tearing the lower back. Fix the body in the hand using the lever. You should stay in this position for as long as possible, remember to breathe deeply. Then slowly return the body to its normal state.
Note!Thanks to many studies, experts are able to prove the fact of significant reduction of anxiety and improvement of well -being in people who regularly practice yoga.
For the back
Surprisingly, the back is also overweight, especially with the wrong individual lifestyle that is prolonged. To get rid of the accumulated effects, yoga also provides special poses.
A practical method to strengthen and remove deposits from your back muscles. While in a standing position, jump slightly andstretch your legs about 130 cm. . . Next, stretch your arms to the sides. At the same time, the palms must be looking down at the floor.
Rotate your right foot until it is at a right angle and facing the right side. The left leg also straightens and bends slightly at this time, and both legs should be in the same line. The right leg is required to bend at the knee to 90 degrees.
Point your right hand along the right leg, and the left, respectively, along the left. Turn your head towards the bent knee. You need to stay in this position for 1 minute and then turn sides.
Sit on your stomach and place your arms along your body. Then, at the same time, start pulling the head, chest, arms and legs back.At the same time, the stomach cannot be opened.. . . Be sure to lift and tense your back. It is necessary to remain in this position for as long as possible.
For the hands
Another group of exercises we will look at is the hand pose. They, like the feet, are severely affected by fat storage. Follow these two simple exercises to restore the tone and appearance of the muscles in your arms.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Wear all fours until your legs and arms are shoulder width apart. Press your toes to the ground and slowly pose, while straightening your knees. At the same time, the feet should be right on the floor.Do this pose for at least a minute.. . . Then, return to the starting position, rest for 15 seconds and repeat the cycle several more times.
This pose aims to restore the muscles in the arm. Get all four. The arms and legs should be rotated vertically and the weight should be transferred to the left arm. Next, lift your right hand off the floor and rotate the whole body forward until the left hand and knee of the same name are on the floor.
The rest of the body must be in a horizontal plane. Inhale with your stomach and correct this position for as long as possible. Then repeat the same process for the opposite hand.
Tips to increase efficiency
In order for yoga for weight loss to bring the same positive effects as aerobics, we recommend not to ignore the general rules interpreted by renowned mentors from around the world.
References:UNESCO has listed yoga as an Intangible Cultural Heritage.
To increase efficiency:
- Don't overeat.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Give sweets and starchy foods.
- Go vegetarian if you can.
- Avoid tea and prefer purified water.
Like exercising for weight loss, the additional weight loss methods considered in the article have a number of contraindications that you must consider.
Attention!Ignoring these factors will worsen your overall well-being and, possibly, will lead to serious pain and complications.
To prevent this from happening, try to see your family doctor before starting class and do a thorough physical examination. Try to also remember the list of main contraindications.
Do not do yoga to lose weight when:
- The general severity of the condition. For example, when you have been suffering from an illness for many years and have managed to become weak.
- Mental disorder.
- Organic lesions of the cardiovascular system. It is forbidden to practice yoga for heart disease, tachycardia, arrhythmias and aneurysms.
- Blood diseases and various infectious injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
- Severe TBI and severe spinal cord injuries, as well as violations of the general structure of the body.
- Malignant neoplasm.
Yoga is a tool for achieving perfect internal and external conditions. . . Every year more and more practitioners of this art, which is a basic sign of high efficiency. Find a responsible mentor, tame all the subtleties and nuances of training you need to lose weight, and achieve the ideal figure with minimal effort.